Tuesday 17 February 2015

Film Review

I watched the short film, High Desert Test Sites. It was about people retreating to the desert for new experience. It focused on a resort for elderly people and different pieces of art that people are doing in the desert. The video wasn't very focused but it was interesting. The art pieces it showed were very interesting and eye catching. One that caught my eye was of the lady who appeared to be vacuuming a carpet. It was all real props and a real woman, standing in that position. It was very interesting to see that as it brought a feeling of a home into the middle of the desert. Juxtaposition was the theme of that as it took two different aspects and put them together. The rest of the pieces were also interesting too but that one caught my eye. The video felt like it took a topic and just briefly touched on it and left it. I didn't like that about it. I didn't understand some of the video even though I watched it three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment